We are asking members to join the PEA and march in support of science and Earth Day on Saturday, April 22, 2017. The PEA will be marching in Victoria. Please note that it appears the Prince George March for Science will not be proceeding.
The goals of the march, which is organized by an international movement of scientists, are as follows:
- To stand up for academic freedom and the right of all scientist to communicate results freely.
- To support science and evidence-based politics and policy making.
- To demand that public support for research is based on scientific merit, not political agenda.
- To protect the right of every person to engage with, learn from, and help shape science.
- When: Saturday April 22, 2017, 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Where: Centennial Square with the march to Legislature
- Instructions: PEA members will gather at 2:00 pm sharp at Centennial square (members can look for PEA flags). Members will be given the option to wear white lab coats and carry signs, which will be provided by PEA staff. The PEA will also have buttons and pledge cards to distribute to the public.
Having a large PEA presence will help demonstrate to the public and politicians in BC that science-based policies are important. Please email us if you are willing to attend the Victoria march on April 22.
Date: Saturday, April 22, 2017 to Saturday, April 22, 2017
Start Time: 2:00 pm (ends: 4:00 pm on the 22nd)